Friday, February 11, 2011

Ditch The Camera Strap



















A revolution in camera carry is upon us. It is called the Spider Holster. This type of paradigm shift happens once in a lifetime!

Never a fan of camera straps, I placed one on my first DSLR anyway due to the cost of the camera. That said, camera straps always seem to get in the way.

Shai Eynav developed a system that enables you to carry your camera on your hip in a secure holster (see my rig above). Being a huge fan of Think Tank Photo products, I have the Spider Pro Holster Box attached to my Steroid Speed Belt. This allows me to carry a number of my favorite Think Tank products as well. In fact, if the Spider Pro Holster Box did not fit the Steroid Speed Belt, I would have second thoughts about it.

For extra security, I have attached a Camdapter hand strap. See my thoughts on the Camdapter here.

It is a new day in camera carry!

(Click on the photo for a larger view)

No comments: