Monday, August 24, 2009

VisibleDust Is Amazing!






I have been using a VisibleDust Artic Butterfly and Zeeion blower for some time but have been reluctant to actually physically apply cleaning liquid to a DSLR sensor. That time is past.

Today I received a Sensor Loop, V-swabs, and various cleaning liquids. I have to tell you, I wish that I had bought these supplies a long time ago.

Before buying the sensor loop, I had to take a photo of the sky, load it onto the computer, then determine if there was anything on my sensor. If there was dust on the sensor, I would blow the sensor off and start the process all over. This was hit or miss and very very time consuming.

With the sensor loop, you just shine the light on the sensor and determine the next step. You would not believe all of the crap that was on the sensor. Grease, dust, and some unknown substance. Using the V-swabs and the appropriate fluid, I cleaned the sensor better than new in less than five minutes. This stuff is amazing.

Now the downside. Visible Dust products are not cheap. That said, I will never be without them again!

No comments: