Monday, January 5, 2009

Manta Ray Night Dive in Kona















Emily and I went on a Manta Ray night dive this evening. It was amazing. The video is something to behold in many ways. Perhaps some of the best footage that I have ever seen

On the down side, I thought that I got bent. I had the Divers Alert Network (DAN) on the phone for 30 minutes discussing the situation. I felt sorry for the DAN M.D. as it was 3:00AM his time. DAN is worth their weight in gold!

Update: The DAN physician called me this morning and insisted that I see a local MD today for further tests. I suppose that he thought through my situation further. The great thing about Hawaii is there are several physicians that specialize in dive medicine. The fear was that I had popped a lung. The x-rays came back negative for Pneumothorax. That was a relief.

1 comment:

youngmt said...

well we are all glad that you are back to normal.... or as close to normal as you were before anyway